We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

Fleming Island...
Level Contributor
189 posts
135 reviews
Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

We are arriving on Celebrity Reflection on Dec 25th- 7 am-4 pm. We are active and love snorkeling, diving, hiking, canyoning, repelling whatever that is active just not sitting on a beach...I am genuinely stuck. I contacted Eli's tour- don't operate on Christmas day, contacted Jabberwocky- not operating that day either. Wadadli Cats offer only 3hr snorkeling through our cruise ship and it will be packed-their website does not work, not responsive to e-mails plus there was a stabbing back in August so I really do not know about that. Excellence Power Catamaran had recent 1 star reviews so kind of iffy. I really do not know what to do at this point. Cannot imagine staying on the ship!!!We are not your average cruisers, we cruise to experience the island from the water and then if the marine life suits us- we come back properly for 7 days. We treat cruises as samplers of the Caribbean. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!!!!

14 replies to this topic
Frenchtown, NJ
Level Contributor
364 posts
10 reviews
11. Re: Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

I found this while looking for my rental car. It's a yaht you can charter

http://villaordnance.com/tito.html

Torquay, England
Level Contributor
714 posts
20 reviews
12. Re: Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

Antigua isn’t great for snorkelling but I believe there are a couple of ok places though. On Christmas Day I will be heading down to Nelson’s Dockyard for the party. We had a great time last time, great setting and great atmosphere. It may not be snorkelling but something different to do on Christmas Day.

www.antiguanice.com/v2/client.php… this link shows some information on it.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 21:52
Fleming Island...
Level Contributor
189 posts
135 reviews
13. Re: Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

Thank you everybody!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
103 reviews
14. Re: Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(

Sorry to post late, but actually the posters who've suggested Nelson's Dockyard are spot on in a way.

Head down there - you may not find a local bus, but it's a straightforward taxi ride down and you may well be able to share with others, and get a water taxi across to Galleon Beach. There's decent off-beach snorkelling right there, and if you're reasonably strong swimmers who are happy to scramble around a bit, you can also make it to the Pillars of Hercules, another good spot. When you've had enough, just head back across to Dockyard for food and drinks if you fancy it. There are also a couple of nice hikes - if you're energetic, the trail up to Shirley Heights is lovely - or on the Dockyard side, it's a very easy walk across to Fort Berkeley.

I think this might work better for you than a crowded boat trip - many of which are more booze cruise with a snorkelling stop rather than what you're looking for.

Reply to: Not beach people/shoppers- 9 hr and stuck on Dec 25th:(
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted