We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

kiddy
Level Contributor
462 posts
299 reviews
Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

What prices for CDW are charged in Anigua and is it cheaper to get in England and which companies are regarded as reliable.Just for a week .

6 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
973 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

From memory I think you will pay around $10US per day CDW. We have an annual policy from insurance4carhire which costs around £60, so it depends on whether you only need it for this one trip, or whether you would want cover for several trips a year.

As far as recommendations go, we have always used Bigs or Titis which are both locally owned and we have found them to be reliable.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

Anywhere between US$10 and 20 per day, depending on the type of vehicle. We also have an annual policy, which works out much cheaper IMO.

As for rental companies, I use Dawn at Capital rentals - fantastic customer service and the best rates I've ever found. Not the flashiest or newest vehicles, but well maintained and Dawn's incredibly responsive if there's any sort of problem.

https://rentacarantigua.com/

kiddy
Level Contributor
462 posts
299 reviews
3. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

Thankyou

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

Antigualover / Mizgeorge:

I'm planning on getting an annual CDW policy and wanted to know if you've ever had to make a claim and whether it was straightforward or not.

Can't seem to come to a decision on which company to use.

England
Level Contributor
973 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

No, I have never had to claim, so can't help on that one, I'm afraid. It's probably worth googling the different companies to get reviews on them.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies

Yes, we've had to make a (smallish) claim and it was very simple. We paid up front and reclaimed as soon as we returned o the UK - the claim was paid in full.

From memory, ours is with carhireexcess.co.uk - I just looked for the best deal in terms of cover from moneysavingexpert and read the reviews.

Reply to: Collision Damage waiver and reliable car hire companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted