We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viceroy rates

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,829 posts
Save Topic
Viceroy rates

I just booked a room for the end of April here.

The rate is refundable so if the rates do drop and can cancel and rebook.

Im two months out, does anyone have experience with rates going down at this property as the date nears if occupancy is low?

I travel often and often times see rates drop and will take advantage and rebook the room, just curious if this happens at this property or to maintain rate integrity if they dont really ever drop below a certain price?

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viceroy rates

You have the same chance of having a snowball fight in la jolla as them dropping rates!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viceroy rates

ha!

United States
Level Contributor
437 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viceroy rates

We booked for $338/night (king) and just reduced it to $246/night with the "ESCAPE" promo. Hope this helps!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viceroy rates

They do run different promotions which affect rates, even close in. Sign up for their email updates and "like" them on Facebook. What I have seen most is a special day or days where they discount rooms 35-50% off rack rates if you book during that time period. Some of these specials are full payment up front, non-refundable and cannot be canceled or transferred; but if you are close in to your travel dates and/or buy trip insurance this may not be an issue. Be sure to take a snapshot of your reservation/confirmation page. We booked one of these specials and the fine print said the deposit and cancellation applied 14 days before check-in...but then my credit card statement and the response I received said the promo had more stringent guidelines that they had not yet updated into their computer system. Thankfully because I had things in writing, they honored what I booked.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viceroy rates

I stand corrected! Good for you.

Ocean County, NJ
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viceroy rates

The ESCAPE promo also includes breakfast in the rate...and a complimentary upgrade if available...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,829 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Viceroy rates

I like that ESCAPE promo, unfortunately its not good for the dates I need. Ill keep looking and at worst I pay the rate that I currently have reserved.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viceroy rates

Stayed at Viceroy last May and had a stay 2 get 1 free package which I booked in February. Then about 2nd week of April they offered a stay 1 get 1 free so I promptly called and changed my reservation. Luckily a friend on this forum

alerted me to this deal or I would not have known this. Keep checking!

9. Re: Viceroy rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:42