We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Just booked my trip to Anguilla, now i'm trying to decide if we should take the shuttle which we've always done in the past or try flying over. A seven minute ride it very tempting. I'm wondering how much flight is from St,Martin. Pepper, i tried to PM you but as you know you seem to have a problem...your words were all scrambled. I believe our flight will be arriving in St.Martin around 2:00pm.

21 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
423 posts
125 reviews
1. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

We were in Anguilla in May and flew AAS from St Martin.

It cost just under $400 for return flights for the 2 of us,but it was very well organised, very brief and being at the airport, very handy.

We were also lucky enough to get a great view of the round the Island boat race on Independence day when we left.

New York
10 posts
2. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Flight, hands down.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,549 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Just saw this Lori.

Don't look at the price just get yourselves a couple less drinks. It is worth every penny.

PS. I just found out that Explorer no longer supports TA so I have to switch to Chrome whenever I want to respond to a PM. A nuisance!

Edited: 30 June 2018, 12:10
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Fly, fly, fly. It’s quick and not that much more than the shuttles. For us, if we decide not to fly we would take the public ferry. The little difference in cost between the shuttles and AAS make flying the no brainer option.

CT
Level Contributor
131 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

That is interesting I priced the Shuttles. They are 260.00 RT 2 ppl. I checked AAS and that was 448.00! RT 2 ppl. Of course an 8 min plane ride sounds appealing but the cost does seem to jump a bit. Public ferry seems like such an ordeal to get over to the other side, check in etc... plus it's so hot and ppl are on top of each other.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

I have never experienced people on the public ferry being on top of each other. In fact, it has always been pleasant and easy but maybe we were just lucky. As for the shuttles, we have paid a minimum of $70 per person plus departure fee vs $80+ per person plus departure fee for AAS. So, for us, two adults only, the round trip AAS flight of a tad under $200 is so much more worth it than the $140 per person via shuttle. The public ferry on the other hand (which we have done so many times) is a quick taxi ride from the airport and a cheap, painless, easy trip over.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
109 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Agree with beachfan. If you don't mind the slightly longer water route (compared to air), public ferry wins hands down. Inexpensive, everyone is pleasant, and the public ferry terminal is spacious with a little bar/snack shop onsite. It's not exactly glamorous but who cares?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
8. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Thanks. I appreciate your response. We're heading over in March 2019. Just booked everything today! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

Took GB for our forst few trips without issue but we were back again in February and found the new temporary port of the private ferry services (near the police station) to be a bit of a hassle. Crowded, hot, no place to sit. Heading back in August and decided to try AAS.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle

I love AAS if it fits your flight schedule. So easy.

Reply to: Flight to Anguilla or Shuttle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted