We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belmond Cap Juluca

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
Belmond Cap Juluca

Has anyone been able to see the progress being made at Cap Juluca first hand? I am very close to booking a trip for the beginning of Dec.2018, wondering where they're at with the renovations especially with the pool villa's. My husband is a little nervous they may not be ready. The hotel says they will be.

29 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

I have already booked around that time myself. If they cannot accommodate you they will certainly give you enough time to make other plans. Not to worry.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
414 posts
2. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

agreeing with Pepper...

barring a summer hurricane, I think CJ will get repairs and upgrades done by their November date.

they’re the employer beast on the island and have hired approx. 100+ people to get the work done.

other projects have taken somewhat of a backseat to CJ when it comes to getting workers, concrete deliveries, and skilled laborers.

finally, in the months of Dec.-Jan. you should be able to see the sun hit the water for beautiful sunsets from the main house & Pimms. no obstructions to your view. talk about magic !

Hartford...
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

This is the same place that took reservations (pre-hurricane) then decided to start renovations early leaving those same reservations out in the cold. I wouldn't trust them.

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

Belmond has an excellent reputation, yes is was a shame they moved up their closing dates. The work team on the project is moving forward to get the job done. Lets hope this is a kind hurricane season for the island and all of us. CJ has some staff working on the site, and all workers stay in touch through an employees web site. Everyone is excited to have it open again. Once its done CJ will be the premier place to stay. Maundays bay is one of the best beaches on the island. Yes and the sunset from Pimms will get back its magic. Lets hope they light the turrets at night again for its nighttime magic.

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

Pepper, i would hope Belmond would give me plenty of time to book something else if the suite i'm suppose tp get wasn't ready but who knows. Even if they gave me 1 month notice i may not find something to my liking, that time of the year i imagine the island is busier than all my other trips there which was the beginning of November.

I keep wondering if i should hold off a while. On the website they have some new rooms yet they don't show any renderings for them...like the one or two bedroom casita suite with plunge pool.

Penny, hopefully no hurricanes this season!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

I believe anyone who books early gets a discount (I know I did) but I have no idea what "early" means. Maybe, with luck it will last through the summer.

I have complete confidence in them and agree with every word Penny said.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
316 reviews
7. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

I agree with TDK, I too heard they brought in workers and are working night and day, including weekends to get it done. Belmond is a worldwide renowned company and will not fail.

I totally believe they will open on their scheduled date, and they will be spectacular.

Ellen

Hartford...
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

If they're working night and day it's because they have to, not because they want to. No way I book shortly after their scheduled opening date, and that's true even if they hadn't screwed their customers previously.

N.J.
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

Well, i have the my air and pool suite on hold.....Probably will book it tomorrow. I very am excited to go back and see all the new changes. One thing i'm a little disappointed with is they will no longer be serving complimentary continental breakfast on your terrace. I do get the buffet breakfast included with my rate but we always enjoyed having the light breakfast on our terrace. You can still get it you just have to pay now. I spoke to a couple of employees and they said they're still unsure about this so maybe if enough previous guest ask for it they will offer it. I hope so.

Pepper, when will you be there? We may finally meet! One year we stayed at Sheriva right after you.

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Belmond Cap Juluca

Lori, I so agree about the breakfast on the patio/balcony. It is such a perfect way to start a day in paradise, so serene, and with a view that cannot be beat.

Reply to: Belmond Cap Juluca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted