We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

Has anyone been to a resort where alcohol is an option in an all inclusive?

My significant other does not drink and I usually drink 3/4 drinks a night. When we go to an all inclusive, she drinks iced tea or soft drinks which seems like a waste of vacation dollars. I would rather buy my drinks and get a premium drink than get stuck with the local products which, other than the rum, are substandard.

I know the small botique hotels have no all inclusive but I have never seen one where alcohol is a premium add on to the food all inclusive similar to a cruise line where drinks are not included in the cruise price.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

bridgewater n.s
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

To my knowledge,this is only available on cruises.I really don't think you'll find prices any less,even if the alcohol isn't included at certain resorts.

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
2. Re: Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

glad someone else has this concern - I do not drink, and feel cheated having to subsidize others alchol indulgences - to add insult to injury I also get hit for the single supplement

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

Thanks for the comments. Maybe some brave resort manager out there can comment or let us know that they cater to those who don't drink or, as in my case, are moderate drinkers and don't care for the low quality drinks most resorts serve.

My next trip is going to be to small "UNinclusive" hotel in downtown Cozumel and just dine at the local eateries. The Mom & Pop places are more enjoyable anyway.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

The all-inclusive alcohol is just the bonus. Your resort stay for a week, return air fare, transfer to and from local airport and taxes form a major part of your cost per person. additionally, all-inclusive meals, the entertainment, use of the facilities, towels, etc, is what you mostly pay for...so yes, the resort operators figure some drink more and some drink less, so it all evens out for them. Costs for alcohol plays a very small part of the total costs...say $20.00 or less...you'll spend that just in tips. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting a significant rebate for a non-alcoholic option...its not even worth it to pursue.

5. Re: Non Alcohol all-inclusives. Do they exist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 04:18