We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice dinner on San Juan island?

9 posts
Save Topic
Nice dinner on San Juan island?

Based on the awesome feedback on this forum, we decided to stick to San Juan island for our first (hopefully of many) visits, next week.

We're staying in/near Friday Harbor and won't bring a car to the island.

It will be my wife's birthday, but we will have our 9 and 12 year old daughters with us.

What are some suggestions for a nice dinner on San Juan island?

Looking forward to our stay, and thanks for all your advice earlier!

Mentioned in this post
San Juan Island
San Juan Island
San Juan Islands, WA
Friday Harbor
Friday Harbor
San Juan Island, WA
2 replies to this topic
San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice dinner on San Juan island?

The local favorite for foodies for fine dining dinner is the Coho. Here is their menu

https:/… It does not have a view. The best in town with a water view would be Friday Harbor House Bistro. See their menus at https://www.fridayharborhouse.com/menus.php

There are many other choices as well......Cask and Schooner is way more casual and not what I myself would think of for a nice memorable special occasion meal. It can be very crowded and the tables are close together. Only two small high tables have any view at all and those are often times occupied for long time periods by one person with a laptop and a drink we have noticed in our last few visits there. It's also popular with families I myself much prefer Mike's Wine Cafe (which is all vegetarian BTW) for the food as well as the atmosphere (although have patience with the wait staff there at times...it's island time).

Mentioned in this post
Coho Restaurant
Coho Restaurant
348 Reviews
San Juan Island, WA
Friday Harbor House
Friday Harbor House
550 Reviews
San Juan Island, WA
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,266 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice dinner on San Juan island?

I do like Cask and Schooner for something more casual. Good food and kind of a Coastal,New England feel. In fact we went with friends from Mass..

Reply to: Nice dinner on San Juan island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Juan Island