We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

14 posts
Save Topic
Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Hi,

Can you give me some pros and cons for these 3 locations?

10 replies to this topic
Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
817 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Destin is a resort town. Super crowded. Navarre is pretty quiet. There is no other city on the Gulf Coast like Pensacola. You have the fantastic white sand beaches like the rest of the panhandle, yet there is a vibrant historic downtown area just off the island. It's a livable community with a college and university, museums, Blue Angels, minor league baseball and hockey, art galleries and theatre. But I'm biased. I like the big city amenities but with the beach vibe community.

14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Is there a "village" on Pensacola Beach where you can shop and eat? Where are some good fishing spots?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Navarre beach has a nice fishing pier

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
817 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

There is a fishing pier, but the best fishing is done with a guide. I'd go out on a boat and know you are going to catch something and have a good time while doing it. I'd recommend Bout Time charters, but there are plenty others to choose from as well. And yes, Pensacola Beach has shopping and dining within walking distance to most hotels or condos on the island, but the best way to travel on the island is by bicycle. That's how the locals get around.

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
963 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Destin = Crowds

Navarre Beach = Dead

Penacola Beach = Perfect.

United States
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Lol! Austin doesn't really mean it's dead but there are far less dining options. On the other hand, if you are looking for less crowds, I guess you know that should be your choice.

Pensacola is probably a good choice, based on the time of year you are choosing. If you really want to go to Destin, check out the Crystal Beach or Miramar Beach areas. They are off of Scenic 98. If you can stay off of big Hwy 98, you will be fine there.

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
963 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

I guess I should have used a few more words...I actually love Navarre Beach but I don't think it's ideal for tourists. And OP, if you choose Pensacola you will definitely want to stay on Pensacola Beach, not in Pensacola.

United States
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Austin, I think you might be trying to keep Navarre Beach for yourself :D

I think it is a great place for tourists who don't want to deal with the likes of Destin or Pensacola Beach.

foley al
Level Contributor
9 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Destin- shopping here, very crowded, bad traffic, active night life

Pensacola Beach- less crowded than Destin, plenty of restaurants, night life if you want it, less crowded beaches, more relaxing than Destin, not so much for shopping

Navarre- beach relaxation, not much to do here, less crowded than both Destin and Pensacola Beach but also smaller, less options

Level Contributor
30 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola

Oh so nice to hear this bc I'm debating Navarro w pensecola bc I heard the water is much better in Navarro but if it's the same .. I'm down for pensecola. Don't care for destin as I don't like crowds and party kids.

Reply to: Destin vs Navarre vs Pensacola
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach
Recent Conversations
More Pensacola Beach Topics