We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in TRNP

1 post
Save Topic
Camping in TRNP

My family plans to camp at the Cottonwood Campground in TRNP in July. Because the TRNP camp sites are not reservable and we will be arriving in the evening, I'm concerned the campground will be full. Does anyone have experience camping at TRNP? Does Cottonwood Campground ever fill-up? Can you recommend a back-up plan?

1 reply
North Dakota
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in TRNP

According to a representative I spoke to at the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, week days don't usually fill up but if it does it will fill up in early evening. In July on weekends, good chance it will fill up by late afternoon. Best time to arrive is morning or early afternoon. A lot of times people only stay one night and they usually leave in the morning. Hope that helps. If you need to reach the national park for more questions, their number is 701-623-4466.

Other campgrounds in the Medora area can be found at our website: www.NDtourism.com.

Reply to: Camping in TRNP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Theodore Roosevelt...