We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster Pounds in Late October

2 posts
Lobster Pounds in Late October

I've combed through the forum and checked that many of the lobster pounds are closed for the season when I'm there from 23rd Oct to 25th Oct (staying at Bar Harbor). Do you guys have any idea which lobster pounds are still opened during this period? I've checked Thurston and Trenton Bridge, pending replies from Chart Room and Charlotte's.

Also, I was hoping the have popovers at Jordan Pond but they are closed too. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks for your suggestions!

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Lobster Pounds in Late October

The Asticou Inn in Northeast Harbor serves popovers at brunch I believe.

The lobster pounds/piers are all closed I think, but you won't have any trouble finding lobster in restaurants statewide.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Lobster Pounds in Late October

The Chart Room is not a lobster pound. Stewman's might still be open. But it is best at this time of year to enjoy lobster at a heated restaurant. Both Side Street Café and West Street Café are casual, inexpensive, tasty places to enjoy lobster in Bar Harbor.

2 posts
3. Re: Lobster Pounds in Late October

Thanks for all your suggestions! Bonnie thanks for your suggestion of heated restaurant - I'm still thinking of the weather as though it was Summer!

Reply to: Lobster Pounds in Late October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acadia National Park