We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on stroller/carrier - travelling with baby & toddler

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Advice on stroller/carrier - travelling with baby & toddler

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Neapolis (will stay in Athens for 2 days beforehand) to stay for a month with my husband, baby (will be 16 months old by then) & 3 and a half year old daughter.

I'm trying to figure out what I do about strollers & carriers etc. I am thinking about purchasing a good quality travel stroller for my son as I think I could also get use out of it afterwards as well. It is a pretty nifty one that has a one handed fold & fits in the overhead compartment of a plane. I don't think it is all terrain though so I'm not sure how rough/cobbled the streets/stairs of Nepalis are so I was thinking about also getting one of those baby backpack carriers that my husband could wear (I have a bad back so would prefer not to carry one of those) and that gives us options. I'm also wondering about my daughter. I tend to get her to walk everywhere now as she's a toddler but I'm wondering if a stroller might be useful for her when she wants to rest or we go out somewhere perhaps even in the evening, however I don't want to purchase 2 strollers & a double travel stroller is going to be heavy/expensive.

So I'm thinking get the 1 travel stroller I like (assuming it's ok on the streets) because I'll get use afterwards as well, get a good carrier backpack secondhand & hire an additional stroller for the toddler as required in Greece through the baby rental company. My husband's parents are coming with us so they could push one stroller & us the other if needed.

Any tips/advice from people who know this area would be so wonderful thanking you so much in advance!

1 reply
1. Re: Advice on stroller/carrier - travelling with baby & toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 13:33

Reply to: Advice on stroller/carrier - travelling with baby & toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Neapolis
Recent Conversations