We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peregian Village and Beach

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
280 posts
814 reviews
Save Topic
Peregian Village and Beach

We had a quick visit to Peregian Beach and a short stroll around the village shops. Lovely setting and nice looking beach. Plenty of kit surfers out that day as there was so much wind. Stopped for a smoothie on a local cafe, found it overpriced and not very large. But guy who owned cafe, come furniture shop was very pleasant.

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

I have actually looked at buying in Peregian Beach or Springs area....Nice area indeed...!!...And fairly central to Noosa and Coolum....

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

It is a nice area, Cootang. One of my friends lived there for years ( now @ Coolum Beach) and I thought it & Sunshine Beach would have been good spots to holiday/ buy.

Mentioned in this post
Coolum Beach
Coolum Beach
Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

I have been going to this area for years but never really utilised the business as I always visited family in the area. Last weekend (Peak holiday season) my partner and I went to the Village Square. The time was 1.30pm and we wanted lunch. Two "restaurants" said they had stopped serving lunch and were only doing coffee and dessert. We tried three other Cafes only to be told that they do not accept EFTPOS. We ended up driving to Marcoola to another place that was A. Open for lunch and still cooking and B. Had EFTPOS. Wake up Peregean and immerse yourselves in the business practices of the modern world.

Edited: 06 January 2015, 21:21
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

Ahhh,the modern world scooter...!!....I hear what you're saying,however sometimes I believe that the old world was a much more charming place...I'm talking the 60's/70's - When we telephoned from a phone box,When we paid cash for everything avoiding credit card charges,When kale was a weed,vegetarian's were hippies....

I guess it is what it is....!!....Our lifestyles are definitely faster...!!...

Oz
Level Contributor
14,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

Hi scooter2273,

>>Two "restaurants" said they had stopped serving lunch and were only doing coffee and dessert. We tried three other Cafes only to be told that they do not accept EFTPOS<<

Bad luck. What you encountered was the cafe owners making the most they could from the situation. If you order coffee and dessert (the two most profitable items on the menu .....other than corkage) the owners maximised their profits and turnover . The cafe owner could probably cycle a table three times with this level of service in the time taken to serve a real lunch once! A sad fact but many will sieze the dollar when they can in peak periods to the detriment of long term business. Another reason why there is such a high turnover and failure of restaurants and cafes in tourist areas.

BTW Peregian and Moffatts headland are my favourite surfing spots on the Sunshine case other than NP Noosa when it's working.

Cheers,

Mentioned in this post
Peregian Beach
Peregian Beach
366 Reviews
Peregian Beach, Australia
Noosa
Noosa
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
10,351 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peregian Village and Beach

I'll look out for you at Moffat Beach Oz.

We were at Moffat yesterday and arrived at a cafe at 2.45pm for lunch - and the 2 adults and 5 little kids were happily invited to sit down.

Service was slow, but it was enthusiastic, and they even took EFTPOS. Caloundra more modern than Noosa region......who would've thought it??!!

Mentioned in this post
Caloundra
Caloundra
Noosa
Noosa
Reply to: Peregian Village and Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Peregian Beach
Recent Conversations