We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery & food in Kamala

China
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
grocery & food in Kamala

Will be staying in Kamala in late April. Anyone can kindly advise whether there is a supermarket or local market in Kamala, where I can get fresh veggies, eggs, fish & meat to prepare meals.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi

There is not a supermarket as such, but there is several 7/11 and a few shops on the main road that you can buy supplies from, and i also believe there is a fresh food market, were you would be able to buy fresh veggies etc, but am not sure of the day. It used to be down near fantasea, and there is one that is over the road from Kamala bakery twice a week i believe. i normally just ask the staff at hotel what days they are on.

This Link may help.

kamalabeachaccommodation.com/index.php/attra… not sure if days are still the same.

Cheers Andrew

China
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for sharing, which is very helpful.

I've also searched on the net and it says there is a BIG C in Patong and a Tescos at Cherng Talay. Do you happen to know which one will be more convenient to go from Kamala? Such as, the distance and taxi fare.

Much appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi

Patong would be closer i think to go to, only 10-15 minutes away, If you go to Jungceylon shopping centre you will find supermarket there.There is also across the road from Jungceylon a fresh food market, normally pay between 300 to 400 baht each way to patong. We normally go for the day and then do some food shopping before we go back to Kamala.

Cheers Andrew

China
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi Andrew,

Very helpful. Thank you.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi,

We returned from our wedding/honeymoon in November & there is a new supermarket just opened up on the main road near the weekend market, (left side heading to Patong) opposite the internet cafe, you wont have any problems getting anything from there.

Have a safe trip

Vinny

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi Vinny thats good to know, havent seen that one, is it up near the Kamala Bakery end, across the road, ???

Your Welcome wisx, if you want to know anything else pm me or post here, we love Kamala and will be back there in april.

Cheers Andrew

Phuket
Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

There is a small Tesco Lotus in Kamala now on the main road. I think it's called Tesco Express.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hey Andrew,

Yeh its opposite Bakery #1, #2 is now called Da's Place & hasnt changed its still amazing food & service.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

Hi Wisx,

Just returned from Kamala Beach a few days ago.

On the main street (Kamala Beach) a Big C just open a week or so ago I was told when we arrived.I think it is opened from 8 am to 10:30pm. It is a fairly big grocery store,very nice and clean. It has a bakery, lots of fruits and veggies selection, lots of meat and fish as well. If you want, select your fish and they will cook it for you at no charge (takes about 30 minutes). You can also find all kind of normal grocery food (cans, juice, pops, beer, liquor, dairy and cereal). It has everything you need to cook any type of meal and even offer ''meals to go''. Not too far from it, there is a Tesco Express that is opened 24 hours a day. It does not offer as much and it is a much smaller store, but it is convenient. Beside that, there are many 7-11 as well.

10. Re: grocery & food in Kamala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 10:24