We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel during august and pregnancy

Which Kalpetta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune
2 posts
Save Topic
travel during august and pregnancy

How will it be during first week of august? will it be raining? is it safe to travel to wayanad during pregnancy?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

It will be raining of course, but it will be lush and green and very beautiful. If you don't create a packed schedule for yourself, and maybe just pick someplace nice to have a relaxed stay, I don't see why you can't do it.

Regards

Deepa

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

On second thoughts - are you getting carsick during pregnancy? The roads can be pretty bad and slushy in the monsoons.

3. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 16:35
Pune
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of 3 night stay at vythiri resorts. What would be the condition of approach roads? Would i be able to travel to kuruva islands? The other alternative that i'm thinking of is ooty.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

As said in earlier posts, sightseeing trips to any waterfalls / caves / temples in Wayanad will be difficult for you & not advisable. Kuruva Island too is reached after a long trek from the parking lot, though a path which in bad shape (I went in May).

Then, you have to wade through water to get to the island. To return from the island, we took a boat back. I don't know if this boat is available to go to the island too.... maybe somebody else can provide this information.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

You said that you were considering Ooty...Ooty is about a 3-1/2 hrs drive from Coimbatore and the terrain is mountainous, would you be able to go through with such a journey....Maybe you could consider taking the train?

7. Re: travel during august and pregnancy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 06:17