We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night tour or on my own

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
Save Topic
night tour or on my own

My flight will arrive at JNB by 15:00. I will have the rest of the afternoon and night free before my Kruger safari tour the following day. How do I spend the time? Is it worth taking a private sweto tour? Or am I better off taking the Gautrain to Santon and Rosebank?

Phillipians 4 Four
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
MoAfrika Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Multi-day Tours
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night tour or on my own

It is already at the end of the dat, so take the Gautrain to Santon, Mandela square is very nice, nice bars, restaurant and shopping mall. Or Melrose place is also super. But at night the Gautrain is not running. Take a cab back, ask for one in the bar or restaurants.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: night tour or on my own

I will be there on Sunday. Are things still open on Sunday night?

Dibrugarh, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: night tour or on my own

is it hi, i am planning a trip to south africa in February. is it true that the people in SA are not friendly and the city gets deserted by the evening because of local unrest. pleas advice

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night tour or on my own

The people of S.A. are sooo friendly.

And every thing is open on a Sunday on Joburg and NO the place is not deserted. Go to Sandton, or Melrose Arch. Is full of live!

There is nothing in the inner city, so dont go there!

Edited: 08 November 2011, 06:41
Dibrugarh, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: night tour or on my own

thanks!

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night tour or on my own

For your Sunday night in Joburg, take the Gautrain into Rosebank and book one of the hotels nearby. You'll catch end of the Sunday market on roof of Rosebank Mall. In evening, meet some young trendy locals at Liquidchefs Bar. Or catch a live band at nearby Katzys at The Firs. Or any of the numerous other bars and restaurants in the area.

7. Re: night tour or on my own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:16