We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Which Ngwe Saung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Hiya

There sems to be conflicting info about flights Yangon to Pathein. Does anyone know if they will operate in Nov 2013? And if so, where I can find out the return flight times? I gather that the flights Yangon to Ngwe Saung never actually started.

I arrive in Yangon 13.15 Sat Nov 9th and want to go straight to the beach by

- flight if there is one

- or car (tho $200 seems expensive)

- or bus if there is a connection.

- or boat would be great if there are cabins. (Again, conflicting info about availability of cabins. )

Sorry to ask about all of the above options, but can anyone help? I have trawled all the posts to try to find out myself.

Many thanks

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

The exact schedule wasn't released yet. Nobody knows whether they will fly or not.

I think the best is to take a bus. There are some night buses leaving from city ( Not from Dagon Ayar highway bus station ). You can buy round trip ticket easily.

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Thank you very much kkym. Do you know if there are daytime buses that I might be able to catch given that my flight arrives at around one pm-?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

I don't think so. As far as I know the latest bus leave at 12:00 from Dagon Ayeyar highway bus station.

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Thanks again kkym.

melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

We flew back to Yangon from Bagan, caught a cab to Ngwe Saung, $150.00, took 4 hours, return by bus 9000 kyats, 5 hours. The bus depot is a fair way from town & the airport. If you choose to get the bus there you will have to stay in Yangon overnight. It is a stunning beach, you won't regret going.

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Thanks very much foreverdreamin. That is really helpful.

Did you just hire the taxi at the airport and did you have to bargain ? I have been quoted $550 which I presume is a return fare. !

Also, what time did the bus arrive in Yangon?

Glad you enjoyed it. We went to Ngapali last time which was gorgeous but fancied a change.

melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

I wasn't feeling too flash, that's why we got the cab, probably could have got it cheaper, but that was the first price we just took it. Arrived back 1.00pm, had 2 stops, one toilet, one lunch. $550.00 is a ridiculous amount.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,556 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

There has been another thread in which the figure of $550 was mentioned-apparently the cost includes the driver staying with you in NS and then doing the return trip.

Although you have already been, it would be cheaper to fly to Ngapali Beach,my preferred beach destination, but do post your comparisons after your visit.

SS

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Thank you both.

Chesham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Return Flight Yangon-Pathein/Ngwe Saung

Hi, can you tell me how you managed to get a cab from yangon to ngwe saung beach? am planning my holiday there in Feb and wanted to make sure of transport before booking accommodation.

Many thanks