We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olhos to Albufeira

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
310 posts
26 reviews
Olhos to Albufeira

Hi, I’m visiting Olhos de Agua for the first time later this month having previously holidayed in Albufeira when in Portugal. We plan to visit Albufeira on a few evenings. Can anyone advise if it is easy to get a taxi back to Olhos late in the evenings? I have noticed before in Albufeira old town that taxis aren’t to keen on taking fares to outside Albufeira. Thanks for any info or advice.

6 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,404 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

Olhos is about 4 miles from the old town. Taxi is your only means other than walking as the last bus is at 1930hrs. Olhos is within the Albufeira council area so they should not refuse a fare but some are not wanting an empty run back. Queues for taxis in the old town at night can easily be 20 - 30 minutes.

Since the EU has ruled that Uber is a taxi service you can always try them.

7 posts
2. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

We have stopped in olhos for several years and are looking forward to another go in August.. from our experience. We get a taxi from stop by oceanus. Can be a bit of a wait around 7.30 8pm etc

On return we always queue at Central taxi with our stop by 3 marias(nr velamar hotel ). We have always got in no bother. Around 11.30 ish. I would suggest going the toilet as the queue at Central can be 30mins.. No chance in flagging 1 down! I tried and told mustbe a taxi stop etc.by the way you will enjoy olhos!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,404 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

Any taxi you see going along the road is 99% certain to be on the way to answer a call. In the old town they physically cannot get to most places, so you must go to one of the ranks.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
310 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

Thank you both for your replies, very helpful.

Chester
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

Not sure uber goes down on ta too well, but we used them extensively last year here, and plan to do so again in about two weeks time. Cheap, reliable and pick you up from wherever you are!! Great when you get lost and stop for a cool drink, and get picked up right outside the bar!!

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Olhos to Albufeira

We stay at Vale navio which s a little further away from olhos. We never have any problems getting a taxi back

Reply to: Olhos to Albufeira
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations