We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

N.B: Trip Advisor Map on The Burren is incorrect!!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
N.B: Trip Advisor Map on The Burren is incorrect!!!!!

I am posting this for any people who happen to be perusing the pages on visiting "The Burren".

Please be aware that the map for "The Burren" is actually a map of the Castlebar area in County Mayo and not The Burren Region in County Clare

Trip Advisor have been made aware of it though the map still has not been rectified!

If you wish to have a look at a map of the Burren then check this one out.

www.burrenconnect.ie/map.html#mapanchor

St. George, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: N.B: Trip Advisor Map on The Burren is incorrect!!!!!

Perhaps a little along the same line...

One time myself and a friend went off to find "Boston, Co. Clare" as we are big Red Sox fans and thought it would be fun to send back a picture to friends in Boston, MA. Well, we printed off the directs from GoogleMap but did not bother to verify it full. At that point we were in Ireland for no more than a few weeks and set off without realizing that GoogleMap plotted us to some far off fictional place in Co. Galway (east of Loughrea). Btw, the error is still found in GoogleMaps. Well, we had all the locals along N65 scratching their heads when we ask "where is Boston" with one old chap telling us its in the States. At some point I realized that we were in the wrong county! Considering the petrol we use roaming the back country roads, it was an expensive novelty photo.

I pity the poor folks that end up in Co. Mayo looking for the Poulnabrone.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,586 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: N.B: Trip Advisor Map on The Burren is incorrect!!!!!

Google Earth HAD (but I don't know if it still has) Bunratty Castle in the grounds of Villers School on the North Circular Road in Limerick, lol!!

It certainly would be a great boost to school funds, but the parking isn't great there, haha :o)

3. Re: N.B: Trip Advisor Map on The Burren is incorrect!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 06:18