We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly beach..any news of refurb

swansea
Level Contributor
151 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Jolly beach..any news of refurb

Has anyone heard of any news of refurbishments or work going on in the near future. I understand the resort has new owners, and if it Elite resorts ,

we have had great experiences with this brand in the past.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

Here at the moment and no sign of a refurb as far as the staff are aware the hotel is still for sale

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

When we were at the Verandah in February we were told that Elite had taken over the management, but not the ownership, of Jolly Beach.

ontario
Level Contributor
484 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

Found this link under Bluebaytravel. It states they have done upgrades (ie: flat TV's restaurant chairs etc.). Anyone there recently to comment?

bluebaytravel.co.uk/blog/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

I will be there in just over 3 weeks so I will post an update for you then. I'll make sure to take pics!

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

To the best of my knowledge there have been some rooms upgraded although not all, and the process is ongoing.

The sale will take place some time in the future, with the local government likely taking a majority share BUT leaving management to Elite Islands Resorts or another trusted and competent hotel management company.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

We were there in April and September and going again next week . The government now owns the resort and Elite is managing the property, I heard it is a 2 year contract. The resort is for sale. Elite took over a Barbados resort we go to 3 years ago and did wonders with it. I like their brand too, but Elite already has 4 other properties on Antigua, so who knows whether they want to own another one unless it starts turning a profit.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

We were there in April and September and going again next week . The government now owns the resort and Elite is managing the property, I heard it is a 2 year contract. The resort is for sale. Elite took over a Barbados resort we go to 3 years ago and did wonders with it. I like their brand too, but Elite already has 4 other properties on Antigua, so who knows whether they want to own another one unless it starts turning a profit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

They have updated the resort already. It is great value for money was there a few weeks ago. Great entertainment and in general you get much more than what you pay for - Antigua is generally not cheap ! This resort allows modest budgets to appreciate the island. Check out 'Best Antigua' for the in depth review.

9. Re: Jolly beach..any news of refurb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bolans