We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Glasgow
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, coming to JOLLY BEACH on 17th July, can anyone tell me what the weather is REALLY like, as forecasts are saying is rain and clouds. I need sunshine lol xx

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

That's 8 days from now. A lot can happen between now and then, as weather conditions constantly change. We find long-range weather forecasts not to be too reliable. Yes, there may be some rain and clouds but I doubt it will be all day, every day. Whenever you plan a vacation involving outdoor activities, you never know what you're going to get. Not much you can do about Mother Nature so just go and enjoy.

Edited: 09 July 2015, 15:20
UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Ask again the day before! I might have some idea then :)

It's been pretty dry though.

The weather forecasts always say rain and cloud - the island's just too small to be able to accurately predict what's happening. However, if you want to see the actual weather at any time, try this link - meteofrance.gp/previsions-meteo-antilles-guy… - Antigua is the little raggedy outline above the butterfly shaped Guadeloupe.

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
854 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Most rain incomes from individual clouds often between 1 and 3 miles wide so if such a cloud crosses the island it often only affects one three mile wide strip across the island for a short time. If a cloud is 2 miles across and is traveling at 15 miles an hour the rain in that strip lasts 8 minutes from start to finish. However that counts as rain for that day somewhere on the island so the forecast is correct.

If the wind blows at just 1 mile an hour faster than forecast for 24 hours then rain forecast for one day will have moved. 24 miles further on than forecast, and will have already passed the island.

So the advice is to ignore the forecasts - they are always misleading - and 7 days away are frequently completely wrong - and by the way how does worrying about rain (which you may or may not see) help you to look forward to your holiday?

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Hi

We're thinking about visiting Antigua for the last couple of weeks in June, any comments as to what the weather is usually like during June?

Having been to the Caribeean several times before I know we'll experience rain at some point but I'd be a little disappointed if we had a whole 2 weeks of rain!

Thanks

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
854 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Try using the search button. First get back to the main Antigua page - right now your question is appearing on the Bolans page.( so probably need to go back one page to the one with all the questions about Antigua and Barbuda listed). Then type "June weather" into search box just above the questions and you will pick up pages and pages of answers.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Rain every day since since March 1, 2016. If it is not raining it is cloudy. Don't come if you want sunny days. I'm saving money not spending at beach bars.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Was in Antigua 2/27-3/5. It rained every day, sometimes lightly, other times downpours, and then you'd get a brief period when it wasn't raining but still cloudy. Certainly not the weather we had hoped for. Unfortunately when you plan a vacation around outdoor activities, you pay your money and take your chances - nothing any of us can do about it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

I am not sure where the above poster was staying but I live in the south and we have had no rain until yesterday for weeks. Yesterday it rained hard all day from mid afternoon and again it rained this morning it is now midday and sunny again.

I am so happy it rained, my water cistern needs it, my garden needs it.

The things about Antigua is that it can be raining in the north and nothing in the south and visa versa!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Stayed in the Jolly Harbor area. It it did rain everyday there and at the beaches along that coast, as we were at Turner's for a few days before giving up on going to the beach - too much of a hassle with the on-and-off-again showers. Apparently it didn't in other areas, according to an official we spoke to at emigration.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

Sorry it messed up your holiday but certainly yesterday was the first rainin the south and this morning it rained on and off until 11 am now sunny but breezy.

Get answers to your questions about Bolans