We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer costs

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
343 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer costs

morning all, looking forward to upcoming holiday to Antigua

Enquiring as to the cost of a transfer from airport to Jolly Harbour

Many thanks

Helen

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer costs

The rate's $US24 each way for a party of up to four travelling together. You may find yourself sharing with others heading for nearby destinations, and this has no impact on the cost.

That rate is to the commercial centre - if you want to go all the way to your villa, it's usually an extra $3.

Kent
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer costs

Our taxi was shared but each family paid the rate which is at the airport.....if you are prepared to drive hire a car in the UK from the airport, it's the same side as here......we travelled in May and had we realised 1 days car hire was 15 US we would have taken a car for the week. We ended up hiring a car at the hotel for 50 US due to the huge cost of the excursions so therefore it would have been cheaper to have a car from the airport...petrol cheap....signs confusing but the locals are lovely lovely people and were always willing to point us in the right direction.......

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer costs

I wish I could find anywhere offering hire cars for $15 per day. That's normally the cost of the daily CDW and less than a local licence!

England
Level Contributor
873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer costs

Me too, Mizgeorge! Never found anything that cheap!

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer costs

@Linniejb,

Whoever told you that a car hire is $15 is sadly mistaken. I've never known any car hire company in Antigua (and you can believe I've checked them all!) to rent a car for anything less than $40 US daily. On top of that is the cost for a local drivers permit ($20 US) plus insurance (usually $10 US daily), and of course you have to pay gas. You will get rates cheaper the longer you book, but certainly NOT for $15 US per day.

6. Re: Transfer costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2017, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Bolans
Recent Conversations