We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals antigua grande resort

6 posts
1 review
sandals antigua grande resort

We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary last week of may 2015 . We reserved beachfront honeymoon Grande luxe club level room on the caribbean side. We've never been out of the country nor have we ever had a honeymoon before. From what I've read we will miss the beach bab on Monday the 25th for that is our anniversary night & we have a couples massage and candlelit beach dinner planned. I found it very difficult to get any sea excursions for any day we will be there for everything was booked 5/23 -5/30. I want this to be very special for us and I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance we aren't making a mistake at this resort.we are in early to mid 50's don't care for a lot of partying but we could be persuaded to join in. Any advice or best tips would help a lot. Probably be another 30 before ever doing this again.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
29 reviews
11. Re: sandals antigua grande resort

When you go shopping, duty free bring your passport and airline itinerary. You will need the informal. We didn't know that when we went. You will love it at sandals Antigua. We've been 3 times ...also in our early 50s and have made many friends while there. I love talking to people from other countries and learning about them.

Enjoy and relax!!

Waco
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
12. Re: sandals antigua grande resort

My husband and I will be visiting this resort in June and this will be our third different Sandals Resort in three years. Though we have run into multiple problems caused by inadequate travel agents and other non Sandals personnel, we have never been faced with an issue that the Sandals staff couldn't resolve once we were there. They are THE BEST! No matter what resort it is the staff is always trained to place the guest and their stay as the top priority. No matter what you have planned or if you just spend your time enjoying the beauty of the resort and enjoying each other you will leave with a book full of memories you'll never forget! That I promise you. Relax and enjoy, this is going to be the experience of a lifetime!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
64 reviews
13. Re: sandals antigua grande resort

Something that we discovered when we went shopping - the first time there were 3 cruise ships in port at the same time (our mistake for going then! UGH!). When we stopped at some of the jewelry shops, we were asked which ship we were on. When we said we weren't on any, that we were staying at Sandals, the prices immediately dropped. They knew that by staying on the island, we weren't limited to a 4-hr or so window, and that we would potentially stay shopping longer and return. So definitely good info to share with the sales agents you are dealing with. ;)

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
981 posts
25 reviews
14. Re: sandals antigua grande resort

Still missing out on a boat trip ( as per original question)? Try the "things to do " button on the green strap line at top of the page. Then click on "boat tours" in left hand index and there is a list of most of the boat options, from power boats, sailing boats, party catamarans, eco tours - there is a large choice and not all will be booked up. Some do not operate with the Sandals excursions system ( too much commission required) so you should find many more options there than Sandals offer.

15. Re: sandals antigua grande resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2016, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Bolans
Recent Conversations