We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the weather now ?

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hows the weather now ?

The weather forecasts are showing lots of rain, but when we bent many years ago it was just an hour of rain each day. Anyone there now ? is it raining LOL :-)

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows the weather now ?

Trying to correlate the online weather reports with actual weather conditions is a waste of time. The online forecasts ALWAYS, REPEAT, ALWAYS predict rain so the only time they are right is when it does happen to rain. It's the same for every Caribbean island. If you checked them everyday for a year you'd swear the sun never shines in the Caribbean.

Now, it usually rains somewhere on the island for some time every day. What those weather sites don't tell you is those showers are very brief, lasting minutes rather than hours and very widely scattered. It's not unusual for it to sprinkle in one area and there be bright sun 1/4 mile away.

So don't waste your energy checking the weather - you'll only get needlessly depressed. If it does happen to rain while you are visiting you have several options: 1) Go swimming, you'll get wet anyway, 2) take shelter under a nearby palm tree until the rain passes or 3) go to the nearest bar and order a pina colada but don't be surprised if the rain stops before the bartender finishes mixing your drink.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows the weather now ?

It's been extremely sunny for the past 4-5 days, with very little rain, in contrast to the lovely rain we had the past few weeks.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows the weather now ?

In fear of sounding like a broken record I just want to express my gratitude from this forum. Even a question about the current weather gets answered efficiently. Just awesome. DTG, do you live in Antigua? Sure would be nice to be able to buy you a beer!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows the weather now ?

Thank you ... looking foward to visiting again on the 13th :-)

sussex
Level Contributor
479 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows the weather now ?

Friends are there now and their enjoying sunny days and rainy nights! 8 weeks till we arrive!!

6. Re: Hows the weather now ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 23:05
St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows the weather now ?

@Matt B you had me at "buy you a beer" Lol.

Yes I DO live in Antigua. I'll PM you

Michigan
Level Contributor
188 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows the weather now ?

Nephew grew up in St. Maarten & loved the weather channel, I guess because it varied from the Caribbean (except during hurricanes) where the weather was "chances of showers mid-day" - every day. Love it!

Edited: 02 December 2014, 02:14
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows the weather now ?

I'm wanting to come to in early September but worried about the weather. Do you have Hurricanes then or storms. Really need to be there x

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
854 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hows the weather now ?

September is statistically the time most hurricanes are about in the Caribbean generally so there is always a risk but actually Antigua has escaped many in past years. We were hit by a small fast moving one in mid October last year ( all over in 6 hours and would have had little effect on most people on holiday here) but before that you have to go back to mid and late 90s for the previous two, both of which were very destructive and disruptive.

The last two Septembers have been unusually nice with lots of sunshine and little rain but nobody can knows for sure what will happen.this year, there only has to be one passing by a couple of hundred miles away and you might get 3 days of torrential rain. Even if there is no hurricane , a tropical wave crossing the area can bring several days of poor weather.

The upside? September usually offers really good deals on flights and resorts because it is quiet season, but that does also mean some resorts and many restaurants, bars and attractions are closed or running limited opening hours. Probably a good time to choose an all-inclusive.

Very wise to take out hurricane insurance just in case your holiday does get badly affected - though I don't think the insurance will go as far as covering grey wet days- only actual travel delays and cancelations.

Get answers to your questions about Bolans