We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

Just would like information about Sandals. Is it a luxury resort? Would anyone recommend another all inclusive over this resort in Antigua? We are in our late 50's and also wonder about the age group there! Any help would be much appreciated! Mary Pat

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
128 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

Hi Mary Pat,

I have just returned from Sandals Grande Antigua. It is a luxury resort in the sense that so much is included but the Sandals concept is very much luxury included rather than all inclusive. It is set in beautiful grounds on a stunning beach but I think sometimes Sandals is misunderstood. To me, it is not 5 star luxury as in a top of the range elegant hotel, if that makes sense but it does include so much and there are many different room categories, so the price you pay will depend on that. It is a real fun resort and the age groups vary, we saw couples ranging from 20s upwards, did not see many 70s and over. Lots of honeymooners but a real variety of ages. The resort is quite lively, especially the Mediterranean side which is all club level and butler suites. If you prefer a little quieter, go for Caribbean side. I hope this answers your question. People do dress up but its not super glitzy and some restaurants, people are quite casual. Its not cheap but you get so much for your money and it has a real holiday atmosphere. We loved it. (ps I am 54 if that helps )

English Harbour...
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

I would recommend Curtiain Bluff, Galley Bay, Hermitage Bay or Carlisle Bay for 'luxury' AI options. The Cove Suites at Blue Waters are lovely too. I'm not a Sandals person. Antigua and Barbuda has some incredible resorts that are truly top notch.

miami
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

Galley Bay is one of my favorites on Antigua with true beachfront rooms, great food and service. Very laid back and relaxing. Not a cookie cutter resort. feel free to message more for more info I have 14 years experience with Galley Bay.

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
4. Re: Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

I have been to various Sandals resorts 16 times and they are considered a luxury resort. This will be our first time in Antigua but we have been to St lucia 3 times Barbados once and various sandals on the island of Jamaica 12 times. Our favorite so far is Sandals Grand St Lucia.

5. Re: Is Sandals Grande Antigua considered a luxury resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2018, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bolans
Recent Conversations