We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Memorial Day Weekend

Hi everybody!

My wife and I are in our early 30's and headed to the Palm Springs / Palm Desert / La Quinta area for Memorial Day weekend. Does anybody know any activities that might be fun to do while in town on Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday during the day and afternoon? We're up for anything and down for whatever! Thanks in advance for the help!

PS - We've already got the Billy Idol concert planned for Sunday... if anybody else is going, let us know and lets get together for some drinks before!

2 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,783 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Take the Tram to the Top of Mt San Jacinto. Walk around in the cooler air there. Can make reservations on line to save time waiting.

Go to the Living Desert and Zoo in Palm Desert. Visit the air museum. Get a Date Shake or other at, Great Shakes in downtown PS.

Usually we just love to stay around the pool at the hotel or resort on Memorial Day weekend.

Desert Southwest US
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Depending on your sense of adventure, check this out:

http://www.psbiplanes.com/

A lot of fun.

Or consider one of these tours:

https://red-jeep.com/jeep-suv-tours/

I would do the Indian Canyons self-guided, however, rather than a tour.

A fun afternoon:

Tahquitz Canyon Visitor's Center and hike, followed by a date shake at Great Shakes in Palm Springs, or a drink at Kaiser Grille downtown.

The weather this weekend is fantastic.

Reply to: Memorial Day Weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greater Palm Springs