We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus to Marbella

Tamarindo, Costa...
3 posts
Public Bus to Marbella
Save

Does anybody know if there are any public buses that go to or pass by Marbella? I would like to go and visit the beach soon and I don't not wish to take a taxi. I am in Playa grande at the moment. Tamarindo and Santa Cruz is near by. Is there possibly a bus from one of those two places? Thank you so much for your help!!

3 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
23 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Public Bus to Marbella
Save

www.thebusschedule.com/cr/ There's a bus from Tamarindo to Marbella with one transfer. It takes about 2 hours.

Tamarindo, Costa...
3 posts
2. Re: Public Bus to Marbella
Save

Thank you so much! Just to ake sure I understand, the bus goes from Tamarindo to Santa Cruz. Then from Santa Cruz to Ostinal. The bus passes by Marbella on its way to Ostinal?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
23 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Public Bus to Marbella
Save

Not exactly. If you look at "Tamarindo to Marbella," you will see that you will take the bus to Veintisiete de Abril and then catch the bus for Marbella. (That bus comes from Santa Cruz) But yes, after Marbella, the bus goes to Ostional.

You could take the bus to Santa Cruz and then transfer to the bus for Ostional and get off in Marbella -- but-- you will pass through Veintisiete two times. So it's a longer trip.

The bus you pick up in Veintisiete comes from Santa Cruz.

Reply to: Public Bus to Marbella
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marbella
Recent Conversations
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.