We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

Regarding using the ATM cash withdrawal terminal facility at this store, beware you will be charged 7.5% fee for any cash withdrawal.

Recently I withdrew $60 and was charge $2.50 fee from terminal which i accepted.

On checking my bank account when I returned home after my holiday a I found a further $1 for inquiry fee then $1 fee for transaction had been deducted from my bank account.

For a $60 withdrawal I was charged $4.50 in fee's, nothing short of daylight robbery.

5 replies to this topic
Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

This is likely to be down to the ATM in use, and thus a bigger problem than the particular store. Non-bank ATM's tend to be more expensive to use, and the user's own bank will often then slap a fee on for using a non-bank ATM (at least the banks are moving down the path of not charging each other's customers to use ATM's).

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

Did you ask the store if you could get cash out on your eftpos? I have done that with a purchase at that store. They don't like having buckets of cash in the till, or having to pay deposit fees.

Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

Next time I will try using my eftpos card for cash thanks, I didn't realize besides the $2.50 terminal fee there would be a bank charge as well, not my own bank, it was from NZACU ( a Co-op bank?) recovery fee

Wellington, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

Thanks for your comments, the extra 2 $1 fees were not from my own bank but from NZACU which I think is a Co-op bank? that maybe linked to this non bank terminal

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store

I knew this would happen - the NZ Association of Credit Unions re-branded as Co-op Money, saying there would be no confusion with the Co-op Bank, which has no affiliation with them and is participating in the fee free ATM movement.

Reply to: ATM fee's Kaiteriteri Store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kaiteriteri
Recent Conversations