We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in Sudurad

Lenham UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out in Sudurad

Hi There,

We are thinking of taking two weeks holiday in Sudurad at the Bozica. We are not keen on eating in Hotels (other than breakfast)and much prefer the les formal atmosphere of a beer and a plate of food in a traditional bar or Taverna in the open air.

We have not been able to find any info on the subject. We know Sudurad is very small but as long as there are two or three places providing food, I am sure it will be OK.

Can anyone confirm please if such places exist in Sudurad

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bozica
Hotel Bozica
446 Reviews
Sipan, Croatia
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
56,065 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

I read a review on this site of Hotel Bozica and they stated that there were only a couple of places that serve food in the village. But it sounds like the hotel food is decent. I guess one could always take trips into Dubrovnik if you are looking at Sudarad for a quiet place to stay.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bozica
Hotel Bozica
446 Reviews
Sipan, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

Hi Grey_hair

Im also going to Sudurad in Aug2010. Also prefer Bistro type cafe - did you find anything? Does anyone else know ?

Thanks Les_also grey_hair

Lenham UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

Hi Lesgbay,

Sorry, we did not get any further information. Looking at photos there do not see to be very many options available. We are still undecided but will probably not visit this year.

Regards

Grey hair

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

Stayed at the Bozika last year on half board basis. The food was lovely and a lot of choice for a half board menu (10 or so choices of starter, main etc). Informal dining on the veranda so not a stuffy hotel environment. In Sudurad there is a restaurant that the hotel own and a cafe / bar which does pizzas and one other cafe type establishment. That really is it but the other village (Luka) which is about 3 miles away has a few cafe bars / restaurants. There is a bus that runs but not that frequent (or could get a taxi) or alternatively it is about a 1 hour flat walk. If happy with 3 family run tavernas then Sudurad would be fine. Bozika & Sipan is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in - give it a go! But please if anyone does go, reply to my forum about the one eyed black cat!

Mentioned in this post
Sipan
Sipan
353 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

Thanx for the advice RLBLancs

I am going to stay @ Bozica for5days Mid Aug. Half board sounds like the way to go

Will keep an eye out for the the one eyed black cat; pardon the pun!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bozica
Hotel Bozica
446 Reviews
Sipan, Croatia
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

You won't have a problem.

In Sudurad itself there is Maja Lesevic with a small restaurant at the end nearest the boats - definitely a good place to hang out and eat. Then there is Teo's bar - he does a good pizza a few nights of the week. Then another Maja - also good local cooking.

If you get over to Luka, which is not difficult - the best bet is probably Marko's (Kod Marka) and the left side of the bay facing the sea. Then there More opposite that, and Tauris in the corner is also good.

Don't worry about anything - just enjoy. My grey hairs surviving it all well enough.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

thank you Morskivuk

I will definitely take your advice and try the local taverna (or is it a konoba in Hrvatska?); I love their atmosphere and I try not be a typical tourist

I'm sure my grey hairs will also survive it, and I have many!

Les

London
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

The Bozica is a lovely hotel and the terrace restaurant is simply the best view on the island for dinner. Yes the atmosphere is a little formal. Pjat restaurant in Sipanska Luka is also excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bozica
Hotel Bozica
446 Reviews
Sipan, Croatia
Cambridge
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

Hi,

We stayed at Hotel Bozica in july. The food there is great, and the terrace on which you eat is beautiful, so we ate in most nights. There are 3 restaurants in the village, one of which is owned by the same family that run the hotel. We came back to Sudurad later on a boat and ate there and the food was also excellent. it is back from the water in the centre of the village. I also heard from other people that the other restaurants are fine, especially the one nearest the quay.

After staying 3 nights at Bozica, we think that it is our favourite hotel in teh world by a long way. I'm sure that you'll have a great time in Sudurad.

Regards

Michael

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bozica
Hotel Bozica
446 Reviews
Sipan, Croatia
10. Re: Eating out in Sudurad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sudurad
Recent Conversations
;