We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Getaway

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 posts
Weekend Getaway

Hi! We are visiting Korea at the end of March 2019. We are taking a weekend trip with our son (who is 8) to Nami Island area. Do you think 2 nights is enough or to much in the area? Also, how far away is Pyeongchang from Nami Island? Could you do both in a long weekend? We were thinking Friday to Sunday/Monday. We don't speak Korean so any recommendations on places to stay that know English would be appreciated. We are staying at the K-Pop hotel by Nami Island..taking the train from Seoul.

1 reply
Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Weekend Getaway

Personally, I think you will be terribly bored staying near Nami Island. You could go to Nami Island in a day trip. There's other stuff around, like Petite France, but it's not really that great.

To get to Pyeongchang from Nami Island would be a little bit inconvenient as you would have to travel to the nearest express bus terminal. But I just checked a Naver blog - and no bus from Gapyeong Terminal to Pyeongchang.

You'd have to go out even further to Chuncheon Bus Terminal to get to Gangneung (closest to Pyeongchang)

IMO, I'd do Nami in a day and go back to Seoul - and then KTX the next day to wherever you want to go in Pyeongchang...but if you want to see Olympics things - most of it has been removed, btw.

Reply to: Weekend Getaway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gangwon-do