We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering accommodation with access to pool

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
self catering accommodation with access to pool

Hola!! just booked flights for end Jan 2017. We normally holiday in the smaller greek resorts and looking at El Cotilla looks like will just suit us for early break.. Have looked on all the sites but not knowing the resort I thought I would pick the brains of people who love the place. We would like self catering preferably with sea view. Any recommendations ????

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

We have used the apartments below, which are superb and located in the village although the pool on the roof terrace is very small.

http://apartamentosoliastur.com/en/

Lennoxtown, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

I'm not sure that the Oliastur apartments are available any more. I heard they're being sold up and I've seen a lot of them listed for sale on the Arcotrust website.

The next building to Oliastur, Cotillo Ocean View, is similar and has a rooftop pool and terraces too.

http://www.cotillooceanview.com/

The other place I've stayed at is Cotillo Sunset, which is out at the edge of the village. You can step straight out onto the sand from the front row apartments there or enjoy the sunset from your terrace.

http://cotillosunset.com/en/

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

We stayed at Cotillo Ocean View this year and thought it was lovely. The studio rooms are a good size and very clean. The staff are lovely, breakfast is good. The bar closes quite early if you like a nightcap before bed (around 11pm). Small rooftop pool which we had to ourselves most of the time. However, it was VERY windy while we were there (30 Aug - 2 Sept). Fantastic views, located between the old harbour and the new.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

Hi Duncolm

Thanks for the information, you are right apparently they have all now been sold bar one which is number 26 (127.000 euros if anyone is interested), however this does not come into effect until the start of next year and they are currently being rented out for 67.00 euros per night until then.

Next door does look like a possible option for another time and of course if all is as it appears to be and the Oliastur apartments are sold with the licence then some are bound to be available on the private rental sites shortly.

South West England...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

http://maravilla-bungalows.com/en/index.html

you could try Maravilla which is right on the beach and inexpensive. sea views or pool side apartments. It is surrounded on three sides by the sand pit and gives direct access to the beach. Apartments are clean and tidy but pretty tired tobe honest but it's all about the position.

It is not a naturist block but its not unusual to see people on their patio area naked or walking to the beach naked.

the beach to the left is generally textile. the beach to the right becomes increasinglyoptional the further you go.

We like it but it's not 5 star.

Lennoxtown, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

If I had a spare €127000 I'd be considering it...

I've used both Oliastur and Ocean View and I'd say they're pretty comparable. The one advantage Ocean View has over Oliastur is that it doesn't have Ocean View blocking the view of the ocean...

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

They are great for a short stay but if I was buying I would want some of my own outdoor space, ideally a nice roof terrace in El Coillo.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

Anyone stayed at Apartment Cotillo Playa? Seen that available.

9. Re: self catering accommodation with access to pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2017, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo
More El Cotillo Topics