We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El cotillo at christmas

Chester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El cotillo at christmas

We are booked into cotillo beach apartments over Christmas. We arrive on eve of Dec 23 - where are nearest and best shops to stock up on food and drink and are there hotels/restaurants nearby that we could book into for dinner on Christmas Day and new year if we wanted to?

15 replies to this topic
South West England...
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El cotillo at christmas

Hiperdino express supermarket is within a few metres of the hotel on the same road or there is a good small independent heading along Calle Los Lagos (the same road) towards town.

Nearest decent restaurant is Sottovento https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Head across the road towards the beach and turn right. It's on the beach road only a few hundred metres from the hotel.

The best supermarket is the larger Hiperdino supermarket on your right as soon as you come into town.

Edited: 23 September 2017, 15:12
Chester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El cotillo at christmas

Great thank you.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El cotillo at christmas

We are also arriving for Christmas. It's our first time. I am having a few wobbles about it as we don't drive and I'm worried the place will be empty. 1. Will the restaurants etc be open over Christmas week? 2. Do we have to book to eat out on Christmas Day ? 3. Any recommends for a reliable shuttle service from the airport which won't take hours to get there i.e. stopping at every hotel on the way ? 4. I've just read about the nudists. Will we be averting our eyes from dangly bits all week ? That's not a value judgment. Many thanks.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El cotillo at christmas

We are also arriving for Christmas. It's our first time. I am having a few wobbles about it as we don't drive and I'm worried the place will be empty. 1. Will the restaurants etc be open over Christmas week? 2. Do we have to book to eat out on Christmas Day ? 3. Any recommends for a reliable shuttle service from the airport which won't take hours to get there i.e. stopping at every hotel on the way ? 4. I've just read about the nudists. Will we be averting our eyes from dangly bits all week ? That's not a value judgment. Many thanks.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El cotillo at christmas

Just a few pointers as regards Xmas...firstly and most important is the fact that the Spanish Xmas is 6th January (Dia de Los Tres Reyes...3 Kings Day ) and NOT the 25 th December as in the UK or Ireland...so that means in resorts shops,businesses,restaurants will be open as normal on Xmas Day...as it is not even a day off here....some will close early on 24th Dec as this is a traditional family meal day for the locals....New Years day will be limited opening as most Spanish locals ´´sleep off´the effects of New Years Eve celebrations...on the evening of 5th January and all of the 6th January very few places will be open at all..there will however be parades of the 3 Kings riding camels throughout most towns in the island.

Edited: 26 September 2017, 10:44
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: El cotillo at christmas

Any ideas which restaurants - if any - are open on January 6th Dia de Los Tres Reyes...3 Kings Day in El Cotillo

South West England...
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El cotillo at christmas

There is no need to avert your eyes "from danglybits" liz. It is all perfectly normal and acceptable in many places on the island. It nudity offends you perhaps you have chosen the wrong destination.

In practice if you stick close to the town you may not see any naturists.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El cotillo at christmas

Like all the other posts about it being windy & naturists everywhere-absolutely laughable. There is simply no need to worry about these non issues whatsoever.

Oxford
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El cotillo at christmas

What is it with these people who go on holiday at destinations that are established, popular naturist places and then complain ? Quick rant over.

britnix
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El cotillo at christmas

We spent Christmas 2015 in El Cotillo, the weather was near on perfect, but we did find it quite empty. A few restaurants were closed. We always go to El Cotillo for our Fuerteventura holidays and really really love it, but I don't think we would go again at Christmas, I would book a more busier resort next time.

Reply to: El cotillo at christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo
More El Cotillo Topics