We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
261 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Hi we are arriving in December

For 2 weeks and wondered if there is a spa we could visit or somewhere to have a massage.

Not sure if iv made a mistake booking a hotel with no indoor pool at this time of year but to late now lol

I know it will be quite but is there a sea veiw bar that would be open in Dec.

Any advice welcome thank you

7 replies to this topic
South West England...
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Quite = quiet?? not really. Canaries including Fuerteventura have a 365 climate and tourist trade. Everything will be open as normal. There are a few bars and cafes about. Cotillo is more about good restaurants though where you will be generally welcome to sit out for a beer and what the sun going down.

you will find several around the old harbour and Sotovento is just around the corner from you facing the beach. A fantastic restaurant and tables out front to have a relaxing drink.

Don't worry about the pool. Just pop across the sand to bath in the sea lagoon. It will not be too cold.

Edited: 20 June 2017, 16:32
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

The pool area is well protected from the wind and they also have lots of wind shelters to lounge in around the pool. You can see the sea and sun go down from the hotel bar if sat outside.

I don`t want to go into details but do NOT use the massage just outside from reception.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

We don't have low and high seasons here, just quieter/crazier weeks and a changing clientele. Early December is quite quiet, but lots of holiday home owners. The end of the year is only equalled by August for craziness. Many restaurants close for their holidays/renovations in May or June; some bars actually close in August as many families with young kids don't use them (tho kids are perfectly welcome).

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Hi I would defiantly have gone to the massage out by reception if I'd spotted it

So thank you for warning was it dreadful or very expensive?

Thank you for reply

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Thank you very much experts any idea of spa's you can suggest we will hire a car at some point so could travel

Thank you 😊

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

I'm not a spa person but here's what I know:

There's a place in Parque Holandes called Mirak.

The Bahia Real 5* hotel in Corralejo gives a day's access.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa

Are you talking about the massage studio in the group of shops by the hotel? I was there last year why are you saying don't go? I had no problems

Reply to: December cottila beach hotel. Massage/spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo
More El Cotillo Topics