We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temperature in the lagoons?

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Water temperature in the lagoons?

We will be going to Fuerteventaura in May/June but the water temperature does not look so warm (we need at least 22 degrees). But maybe the lagoons just north of El Cotillo are warmer seeing that the water is low and sheltered?! What do you think?

3 replies to this topic
South West England...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temperature in the lagoons?

They always feel pretty comfortable and plenty of people in the water but I doubt it will be 22 degrees.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temperature in the lagoons?

We usually go in May and October. In October I normally suffer a slight intake of breath just as I get to a certain depth although once fully in it's just perfect and there's often some lovely warm pockets of water! In May I normally suffer an incredibly sharp intake of breath and continue to shiver until I've been in for a few minutes. I've never measured the temperature but it's nothing like an ice bath :)

Rustington, West...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temperature in the lagoons?

The lagoons are fine in May- June perfect for paddling around, remember the Atlantic is not as warm as the Med.

You'll love the Lagoons tho

Reply to: Water temperature in the lagoons?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo
More El Cotillo Topics