We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes since the 90s

Devon, England
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changes since the 90s

I worked in Corralejo in the early 90s, we used to escape to Cotillo for a quiet beach and a fab fish restaurant. I'm thinking of returning at Easter with the family but was a bit surprised to see 37 restaurants on TA! Back then I think there might have been 2 or 3! So tell me, is it spoilt? I loved Corralejo on my twenties but I've heard it has become very ' bucket and spade/ fish n chip' am I going to love Cotillo now? We'll have a car so I'll be traveling around re-living lots of very happy memories ( some of which are a bit hazy')!

1 reply
Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
564 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes since the 90s

El Cotillo is a great deal busier that it was in the 1990's. However, even though there has been a lot of development it still retains its character.

There is a much bigger choice of apartments, a new hotel and a lot of new restaurants but it has not developed into a "brits abroad" type place. I would say now is the time to go before it gets even more busy/developed.

The lagoons are still stunning although they are a lot busier since a cafe was built on the beach.

Reply to: Changes since the 90s
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo
More El Cotillo Topics