We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

Hi everyone,

Three of us are planning to see the whale sharks at the end of January.

Just a few questions: I've read that we can register for the whale shark tour at the Donsol Visitors Centre upon reaching Donsol.

- Do we need to pre-book our spots beforehand?

- Are these prices reliable? (lakwatseradeprimera.com/donsol-sorsogon-whal…)

- What time is the first trip out to sea?

Thank you!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,346 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

No need to prebook, plenty of boats out there for everyone. The prices are correct as of this year. December/January is the start of another whale shark season so the price could change anytime soon... but I hope not. I don't know the first trip to sea but I can see people taking the trip as early as the sunrise or about 6am.

Donsol, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

Hello there;

It depends on the month you get here in Donsol, but if you go here around January it is good thing because only few tourist are coming on that month, anyways about the time it depends on the sightings of the whale shark.. sometimes its early in the morning and sometime around 10am.. :) about the rates their is no changes even during the peak of the season..

Matt;

Edited: 17 December 2011, 06:07
Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

Thank you :)

4. Re: Is pre-booking necessary for Whale Shark Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Donsol
More Donsol Topics