We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

I am traveling to the Rio in May for my boyfriends birthday. The day we arrive is his actual birthday so I'd like to have a nice dinner at the resort. Anyone whose been - is there one restaurant in particular that stands out? We are not picky eaters. I just want it to be special!

Rushford...
Level Contributor
36 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

If you are renting a car I would try some place off the resort. The restaurants at the resorts are fine, but there is much better food if you can drive.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

If you are having an early dinner, you can try Richies. They have a free shuttle that takes you there from the resort. The view is well worth it, the food is nothing to write home about, but the view is worth the trip. If you go late, them try someplece else as there won't be much view. Inside the resort I like The Grill Room.

Edited: 24 April 2012, 00:05
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

I have found Palios to be a good option for upscale atmosphere and decent a decent Northern Italian menu. La Estancia (formerly the Grill Room) is also a nice setting. It is in the golf clubhouse about halfway between the resort entrance and the hotel. I haven't eaten there since they changed the format to an Argentinian steak house menu, but the kitchen there has been good in the past. In both cases you are faced with resort prices. Palios seemed to me to be a bit more reasonable than La Estancia.

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

I have rented a car so that I am able to eat outside of the resort but on this particular day (birthday day) we arrive on the island and I want to spend our first night at the resort after a long day of travel. So - with that being said - I just want to get a feel for which restaurant on the resort is the best. I want good food and a nice setting - price isn't a huge concern as this is a special day.

Edited: 24 April 2012, 13:54
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

Then the restaurants mentioned above would be your best bet. Marbella is sort of the general mass eating area and not what you want and Shimas, I would frankly not recommend. It can't figure out whether it is Japanese, Thai or Mongolin.

6. Re: Wyndham Rio Grande... Restaurant Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:42