We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning a short trip with teenager

New york
Level Contributor
210 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning a short trip with teenager

We are planning a trip for our family, which includes 1 teenager, a 15 year old girl (does not like shopping, but enjoys anything adrenaline). We are in NY, and will leave on a Monday morning, and must be back by Friday afternoon. So we don't mind hopping on a plane somwhere, but we need to be cognizant of the time it will take/time change. she seemed to like the camping idea when I discovered the "glamping" near Santa Barbara, but then i heard it wasn't very good. Any ideas? We are open to any suggestions! Thanks.

WV
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning a short trip with teenager

Puerto Rico might be a good choice. Aside from Old San Juan and the fortress, there are great beaches and the rain forest. There are lots of excursions (like Bio-Bay kayaking) and things to do, and just a 1 hour time difference. Also St. John in the Virgin Islands is great-

New york
Level Contributor
210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning a short trip with teenager

for whatever reason, she didn't want to do a beach vacation....teenagers!

WV
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning a short trip with teenager

Haha got it! What about Whistler, Jackson Hole, or Seattle? Of course, there's always good old West Virginia! The Greenbrier has lots of activities and so does the New River Gorge--

New york
Level Contributor
210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning a short trip with teenager

Thanks! I'll check them out. We'd be going early April. I toyed with San Fran, and now the flghts are more expensive than they were!

5. Re: Need help planning a short trip with teenager

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:11