We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pastys to Lanzarote

2 posts
1 review
Pastys to Lanzarote

Hi

I have a good friend who lives in Lanzarote and we are travelling there in November, can I take either a frozen or cooked pasty in my hand luggage to take for him.

Kind regards

Lee

2 replies to this topic
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,840 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Pastys to Lanzarote

That type of question is better asked on the Air Travel forum, not the food forum despite it being about a food item.

If you are flying within the EU, then as long as it fits within your luggage allowance, then most food products are allowed to be brought into other countries and most airlines don't mind as long as the food item doesn't reek. However, for a fully correct response, more details would be need to be provided.

It would need to be a darned good pasty to be worth the effort, though! ;-) Won't it go soggy as it defrosts?

SWT

2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Pastys to Lanzarote

Hi

Thank you for your quick response, I assure you they are darn good pasties 😁, I will post it in the correct section today and see what help I get, if the pasty is wrapped well whilst frozen it should be ok, but better to take cooked ones I think.

Cheers

Reply to: Pastys to Lanzarote
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions