We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annual Pass

North West England
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Annual Pass

I have read with interest about the Annual Pass that you mention, and would like to know is this pass available to anybody as we are from the UK,, My husband and I are travelling in september and will visit Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon , Monument Valley etc.

I have read one Annual pass is for a car and person inside car... Now will this annual pass cover also the cost of getting into the national park or will we still have to pay an entrance fee.

Any info you can give is greatly appreciated

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Annual Pass

Doodle1234.

You mean the America the Beautiful pass?

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

Availiable to everyone including us Brits. Pay $80 at the first park entrance you come to, lasts a year, just show ID with it (driving licence), covers a car full and two people can sign it. It covers NPs, National Monuments and some other federal lands. Occasionally but notusually there are other charges (think at Mt Rushmore for parking?) and does not cover State Parks who havwe their own fee system.

Edited: 03 February 2012, 07:51
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Annual Pass

Btw. It won't cover Monument Valley, that is on Navajo land and has it's own fees.

Best thing to do is visit the NPS website, tot up the entry fees and see if its worth it. We go 2 to 3 times a year so for us it always is.

Edited: 03 February 2012, 09:30
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Annual Pass

Yes, it looks like Valiants has given you all the info you're likely to need, but as he says, the fine print is on the website, where I seem to remember there's a long list by state of all the places covered.

Nowadays we tend to always buy the pass on our USA trips as it saves a lot of hassle, even if either financially we're only quits of making a couple of dollars loss. We like the convenience and see it rather like a charitable donation towards the upkeep of the fantastically awesome USA National Parks - rather like how we regard our British National Trust annual memberships which some years we barely use.

SWT

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Annual Pass

Definitely buy it and no Monument Valley is not included but many places are and not only National Parks and Monuments but also a place Like Glen Canyon NRA in Page (Lake Powell) and the Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas and many more.

Tet

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Annual Pass

I know these may not be destinations for this trip, but for future reference or for lurkers, the America the Beautiful federal lands pass also includes

- Lake Mead National Recreation Area (near Las Vegas)

- Hyde Street Pier / San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park

- Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument (Washington)

- trailhead parking pass / Northwest Trail Pass (Washington & Oregon)

It's a great value for US residents who love the out of doors.

-------------

Some folks offer to 'sell' their pass to someone else and allow them to be the second signature on the card. For only $80, you can have lots of access to federally funded lands in the US. It doesn't seem right to cheat the federal lands out of their $80 from another person, but that's just my opinion. "Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen."

Pass info http://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html

"Covers the pass owner and three (3) accompanying adults age 16 and older at sites where per person entrance fees are charged."

Have a wonderful visit to the US!

6. Re: Annual Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:17