We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European Honeymoon Ideas

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
European Honeymoon Ideas

Hi Everyone... I just started to explore honeymoon ideas for September 2012. My future wife and I are thinking about Europe and the possibility of trying to see 2 or three countries during our stay, which will probably be 7-10 days today and leaving from the Philadelphia area.

I was thinking about Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany or another European country outside of France, London and Italy as ideas or combinations. We're tired of just laying on an island and starring at a pool so we thought about mixing it up and exploring some of the great European countries we haven't been fortunate enough to see.

I would ideas, feedback and thoughts... Thank you!

Steve

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

Review the web site: gotoday.com. I have utlized them on many adventures. Happy travels!

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

I'd suggest Switzerland, Germany and Spain. But maybe check out the more out of the way areas.

For me in Germany Spitzingzee is gorgeous. Massive lake to wonder around, a peaceful town, plenty of hiking track in to and over the mountains.

Spain head down to Valencia, Tarragona and along that coastline.

Switzerland... take your pick of various alps or relax and chill out in Zurich...

For more the budget conscience you could visit Czech Rep. and Slovakia.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

I think 2-3 countries in 7-10 days is not very realistic. Even if it's doable it will feel too rushed.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

I agree... I was hoping to hit 2 or maybe 3 spots at most. Tentatively, I was thinking of Portugal, Spain and Morocco. Otherwise, I'm sonsidering Spain and Switzerland. Just not sure if September would be a good time of year to do this....

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

Spain would get my vote. Madrid, Seville and Andalusia as well as Barcelona might be a bit rushed, but possible. Another idea that is quite tempting in a combo of Madrid and Marakech, providing the low cost carrier of easy jet still flies this route.

Switzerland is okay in September, but getting ever more expensive and in terms of culture would be inferior to Spain. However, if mountains are your thing, it wins hands down!

6. Re: European Honeymoon Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:40
Get answers to your questions