We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

Hey all. What a great source of information you all have here! My name is Justin, I'm 23 years old, and I'm getting married to my fiance on Sept. 22nd this year. We are planning a honeymoon to somewhere in the carribean, just dont know where yet. Our travel agent recommended sandals grand bahamian, but it seems like it would be crowded, and I hear the service is spotty at best. I found sandals grand plantation, which I really like, but am afraid it'll be TOO laid back. A couple of friends of mine went to couples swept away and LOVED it. I just need some honest advice! We're looking for laid back, don't want to be fighting for a seat on the beach, decent service, and some activites to get out and explore. I'm an avid diver, and my fiance will be getting certified soon, so diving is a plus. Can anyone comment on these resorts? Where do you think we'd be best off at? Thank you so much! Also, feel free to add in some other resorts that you may be partial to, in the 3-4500 price range for a week including airfare! Thanks again!

fresno
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

Sorry i don't have any advise..Im just a tag along cause Im in the same boat as you..spending hours in the evening trying to figure this out and it just gets more confusing..Good Luck and congratulations

Calgary, AB, CANADA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

Hi Justin,

Congrats on your upcoming marriage & honeymoon! We just booked Couples Swept Away aka CSA (1st timers) in Negril for to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in Sept! Like you, I read hundreds of reviews, forums, msg boards, etc b4 final decision on CSA b/c of so many inclusions like diving, snorkeling, cat cruise, golf, the list of inclusions too long to mention here - please see yourself. Also, there is a sale on right now for your travel dates like 50% room rates, 7th night free, $300 resort credit if travel dates btw Aug 20 & Oct 31 but don't delay your decision as sale ends Mar 15. Honeymooners w/in 30 days of wedding w/ proof like marriage certificate get free 30 mins couples massage & free champagne which is $125 value - take advantage of such freebies if you can! We haven't experienced Sandals yet tho the price seems higher than Couples in my research. Good Luck :)

www.couples.com

3. Re: New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 March 2012, 04:35
4. Re: New to all this, Need honest advice! (sandals, couples etc?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:16