We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

I travel a lot for work and often struggle with eating well while on the road. While I’m home, I have a meal delivery subscription through a great company called Territory Foods. The meals are premade and just need to be heated over a stove or microwave.

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a company like this that would deliver to hotels, or caters to travelers specifically? I was going to reach out to Territory and see if they would deliver to a hotel, but they do not currently serve Arizona (which is where I will be doing the majority of my travel over the next couple months).

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,214 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

I would guess that from a business point of view - lack of a microwave or stove - may be a limitation in some places. Not all business travel is that same. In fact, most of my business travel is to customers, and involves customer dinners and entertainment. But, as you say, why not start with the company themselves - and see if they can charge you extra for the shipping aspect?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,425 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

Your use of the phrase 'on the road' implies to me that you are travelling in a different way to how I used to do it. I would go away for specific events, conference and so forth, while it looks to me as if you have trips that are of a longer duration than just a few days.

If I'm right, I can see why you might have some difficulty in eating well and healthily if you are spending a lot of time travelling from on eplace to the next. I don't have much to say aprt from endorsing bk's advice of starting first with the company you already use. I think that what you're afte rmight be a bit of a niche market, really, so I don't have great hopes for you fnding nayone, but please let us know if you do!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

Some of our salespeople covering western states go on the road for couple weeks, through desert and mountains, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho; there is no such thing as no healthy meals out there. I myself have driven and visited these states and small towns. Some of my best meals are out there. There are always grocery stores or even organic foods.

You home city is a Metropolitan urban center, you are not in the middle of nowhere, you said you can’t find healthy meals in your hometown?

Very odd, sounds like personal hygiene, health, solitary or dietary needs.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

I feel the need to clarify a bit :)

I never said I have trouble finding healthy meals in my hometown - that is no problem for me. I choose to do this meal subscription plan out of convenience (just as anyone else who would use Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, etc). I don’t quite understand how my original post came off to some as “I don’t know how to eat healthy” lol

I work in consulting, which is why I’m “on the road” (traveling) frequently. Usually I am gone Monday-Friday for 3 weeks each month. During this time, I stay in hotels, which usually have a microwave but not a full kitchen. This leads to a lot of eating out/hotel restaurants, etc.

Lastly, while I would LOVE to continue using the service I currently use while I travel, they don’t deliver to Arizona :(

Hope that clears some things up. If I happen to find something that fits what I need, I will reply to this thread so others can refer to it in the future!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
707 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?

Here are a few suggestions and thoughts.

1) Many grocery stores now offer prepared meals. Either from the hot food section, or chilled ready to eat meals. These will be much healthier than a restaurant meal or a old school TV dinner. Many places now offer grocery delivery. The grocery store itself my offer delivery (if you dont have a rental car). Companies like Boxed and Instacart offer grocery delivery.

2) Many meal delivery services are regional. If you search online in the city your at you might be able to find a service. For example you mentioned Arizona so I searched Phoenix and found a company called Fresh n' Lean and Freshly. Munchery is one that I use in the San Francisco Bay Area and they are available in many cities.

3) You can stay in an extended stay hotel that offers a kitchenette. This way you can use a service like Blue Apron which will ship to your hotel. I recently stayed in a Hyatt House hotel that offered kitchens in some rooms, and offered to buy groceries for you from a local store at no cost.

4) Amazon now offers prepared meals, but I think you have to be in an area that offers Amazon Fresh.

5) You can find many restaurants that deliver using apps like Eat24, Grub Hub, or Uber Eats. Postmates is a wonderful service that will pick up food from most restaurants (not just typical delivery places like Chinese, pizza, etc.) and deliver to you. Again you have to see if they work in the city your in.

6) I did a search online for "prepared meal delivery" and found a few options. Prepped Delivery came up and looks good. They ship nationwide.

Reply to: Meal subscription plans that deliver to hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions