We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel loyatly program?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
31 reviews
20 helpful votes
Best hotel loyatly program?

I'm going to be hitting the road for business next year and was wondering which program would be the best to join. All of my travels will be within the US and at major cities, over 100k population.

Mainly want a program that offers good benefits like free nights and obviously one that has hotels in most cities. I know it's like Hilton, wyndham or choice but still want an opinion

16 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
656 reviews
373 helpful votes
11. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

bcrighton1962devo, how could you expect a refund when you used part of the 40k you purchased?

trektheusa: What strategy you chose and did it work?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

I’m a member of SPG and love it. Hotel quality is great, and I achieved platinum status super quickly with their “SPG Challenge.” If you stay 18 nights within 3 months, they grant platinum status (usually 50 nights). SPG, Marriott, and Ritz Carlton are also all merging into one rewards program in August. Personally, I can’t wait. TONS of hotels to choose from!

Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
12 helpful votes
13. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

Heads up I'm not impressed with SPG/Marriott rewards program. Recently stayed 10 nights in Fiji which I booked through a travel agent and after many emails/phone calls they didn't recognise my 10 nights with them because I booked through a third party. They did however rewarded me with points for food/ wine etc whilst staying the 10 nights. When I thought about this in retrospect most airline rewards programs recognise that you're flying with them regardless of who you book the flights through. So to say i'm a little annoyed with SPG/Marriott is an understatement. I have in the past be a member of Accor and they were great. You did have to pay to join but I soon got that back with free nights etc. So bottomline is Accor is far better that SPG/Marriott reward program

14. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 November 2018, 12:40
Edited: 08 November 2018, 12:40

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
10,343 posts
15. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

@ #13

Pretty strange because practically all of my SPG/Marriott bookings are through a 3rd party but still got the credits and my Platinum status.

Though my stays where predominantly in Asia, but yes one property didn't credit about 50+ nights last year because of our corporate rate. But even they didn't mention 3rd party booking as a reason for the rejection.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
1,217 reviews
769 helpful votes
16. Re: Best hotel loyatly program?

I booked a discounted Marriott Hotel room on my Hawaiian vacation from a third party (Tripmasters) and did not earn any points. I saved a ton of money so was not terribly upset about missing out of the points. Overall I prefer the Hilton and Marriott reward programs.

Reply to: Best hotel loyatly program?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions