We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

Hello

I love holidaying in America and ideally I'm looking to find some gay and lesbian friendly places to go to with the place also being near a nice, sandy beach.

This is for a holiday to be taken in the summer so would like some nice hot weather.

I had heard that San Diego was very lesbian-friendly, would you recommend me going there?

Where else is there to go to?

Thank you for any help and advice :- )

Palm Springs
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

Hi, again,

It is nice to hear from you again. You did e mail a while back and told me you were delaying your trip. If you remember, I grew up in the area and fed you a lot about what I reegard as my hometown. It is now predominantly lesbian. I had worked earlier for Dun & Bradstreet, a business/credit reporting agency and one of my areas included PTown. I visited managers and owners of the businesses. Many were gay but a lot were not. The town council is predominantly gay as well. Small businesses were mostly all gay. Some are actually homegrown str8 natives capitalizing on us. I am going there with a gay childhood friend the weekend of June 12-14. BTW, I am a man. We are staying at the BoatSlip, an old haunt. Last week was baby girl week/weekend and this week women of color. Our weekend is non themed so probably there will be a bit more men than during lesbian theme times. They have a lot of theme weeks. Carnivale in August is the funnest : ). If you want I will be glad to check out info for you. Write me....Ty Silvia

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,586 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

Los Angeles has a couple of lesbian bars and clubs and usually take over clubs for weekly events. There will be a different club for lesbians each and every day out of the week.

Plus we have an "unofficial" official gaybeach in Will Rogers State Beach(by Santa Monica)

West Hollywood was the first "gay" city in the World, so good times indeed

13. Re: Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2011, 16:25
14. Re: Best lesbian and gay places in the USA -must be near a beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions