We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo ski trip advice

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Solo ski trip advice

Hi there,

I am 28 and an intermediate skiing. For job related reasons I am looking to go skiing on my own this year and was wondering if anyone had any tips as to which tour operators were best for my age group?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo ski trip advice

Solo's do ski holidays:

http://solosholidays.co.uk/

However, I would also look at this website which is just 'people' like you looking for fun groups to go with, and sorting things out for themselves:

http://snowheads.com/

Perhaps you will find a group there that you can 'hook up with'!

Lots of the 'regular' tour companies will take solo's. I went with Niellson once and that was fine - sometimes works out well just to 'call in' to a travel agent's and see what they have on offer, especially if you can go 'last minute'!

You may find that you are asked if you will share, or you might be put in a chalet room with a group of others.

When 'going solo' I usually do take lessons, as that can be a good way to find a 'ski buddy' for the rest of the hols so that you are not out there on the mountain entirely alone.

Another option would be to join the Ski Club of Great Britain and go to one of the resorts where they have reps on site, then you also have someone to ski with - and to 'test your mettle' sometimes, too!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo ski trip advice

That's really helpful, thanks! There are trips on solos and ski club GB that I am interested in. I've also seen really good reviews for Cold Fusion. Have you ever been away with them?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo ski trip advice

No I have not heard of them. Have just had a look at their website though - it all looks very nice and sounds good. V expensive though considering you have to stump-up for flights, ski hire and lift passes as well!

It took me a while to find their business address, on the website, but they do seem to have one!

There are some TA Reviews about them here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187261-d6276…

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo ski trip advice

Hi!

When I go to ski alone, I usually rent my lodging through internet, mostly directly with the owners, I always take ski lessons with a group, it´s good and fun, not always for improving your skills, but socializing with people from all around the world. My experience is in North and South America. Best regards!!!

5. Re: Solo ski trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 10:32
Get answers to your questions