We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

Oslo, Norge
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

I have 6 days from 26th to 31th december that I can use for travelling! And Im asking you for some some inspiration :-)

Im travelling from Oslo, Norway. My budget is max 4-5000 NOK (about 520 EUR) for the flight (and maybe hotel/hostel as well) and I just want to experience something cool :)

I would like something which is warmer than Oslo these days, but so far flights to Egypt, Spain, etc. is pretty expensive. But mabye you have some other ideas?

Otherwise I was thinking about Berlin, Ryanair is really cheap to Berlin. But Berln is a bit cold...

But what do you think? Any good (varm) and interesting places out there, which I havent thought about, that is cheap and interesting to visit? :-)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,446 posts
5,658 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

Any chance for a trip to Morocco?

Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
945 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

Go to Barcelona, it's not too cold, and it's a lively city!

Oslo, Norge
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

Thanks for input! :)

I would really like to go to Morocco! It could be awesome! :) But so fare the cheapest flights there are about 5000 NOK (672 EUR), thats a bit more than I can spend - plus I have to have a place to sleep too.

But if you have any tips on cheap airlines to Morocco you are most welcome - I would really like to go there :)

Oslo, Norge
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

Thanks - thats a really good idea :-) Barcelona is super cool, but I went there this summer, so I dont think I want to go back right now :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,446 posts
5,658 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

I'm not familiar with how to arrange cheap travel from Oslo to Morocco but can tell you it is a fabulous place to visit. I'd revisit your finances and see if there is a way to bump up your budget for this trip. ;-)

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,523 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

How about Lisbon? It won't be as hot as Morrocco, but last year someone in the solo forum gaving it glowing reports with lots to do/see etc.

Or Athens? More sunshine than Norway, but probably not hot.

As these are major cities there may be more flights and better fares.

Fleetwood, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

If you can get to London at a reasonable price----Fares to Marrakesh with Easy Jet and Ryanair [last resort choice] for less than E100 return

8. Re: Ideas for trip between Christmas and New Years?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2012, 10:19