We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair accessible resorts in the Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
Wheelchair accessible resorts in the Maldives
Save

I am looking for recommendations on the best hotels/ resorts in the Maldives for wheelchair users. Would need accommodations with accessible bathroom facilities and easy access around the resort.

Any advice gratefully received

2 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
331 reviews
278 helpful votes
1. Re: Wheelchair accessible resorts in the Maldives
Save

Hi Curlygirly and welcome to the forum.

This forum covers the whole world, and as you can see, doesn't have many active threads. You might get lucky, and find somebody here who knows the Maldives.

But you will get more help by posting in the Maldives forum https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293953-i7445-Maldives.html

Good luck, once you find somewhere suitable, I'm sure you'll have a great holiday.

London, England
Level Contributor
12,839 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Wheelchair accessible resorts in the Maldives
Save

I’ve never been, but have read about them and I believe they are not particularly accessible. One of the main problems seems to be the transfer to the outlying islands.

If you do Facebook, there are lots of groups on there for Accessible Travel.

I’d also contact the Maldives Tourist Board and ask.

Reply to: Wheelchair accessible resorts in the Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.