We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA

Harrow, United...
5 posts
INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hello,

I have had a valve replacement and have to take Warfarin to thin my blood and have a Christmas Holiday booked to visit San Francisco mid-December 2021 and would like to know how I can continue to get INR Blood Tests in the United States as I have to keep my INR between 2.5 to 3.5. I generally get tested every week as my dosage needs to be advised so wondering how I can achieve this in the USA. Would appreciate any advice given, thanks in advance...

4 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
331 reviews
278 helpful votes
1. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hi Lucky, and welcome to TripAdvisor

This forum covers the whole world, and while you might get a reply, you really do need people with local knowledge. I suggest you ask on the San Francisco forum at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g60713-i30-San_Francisco_California.html

I'm sure there'll be somewhere that can help you.

Harrow, United...
5 posts
2. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Thank you so much, I will do as you've advised

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
22,332 posts
290 reviews
152 helpful votes
3. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

You could ask your travel insurance provider. Mine holds details of medical facilities.

Harrow, United...
5 posts
4. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hello, I have found a local Health Centre which provides an INR blood test at $25 per test so I am happy I found this Service as I would not like to go three weeks without an INR Blood check.

Thanks for your response.

Reply to: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.