We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility scooter

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
Mobility scooter
Save

My husband has a mobility scooter that will fold down, but weighs 27kgs, can you tell us how it can be transported. Does it have to be handed in at check-in like a suitcase or taken somewhere else.

Please advise us before we can book, thank you

4 replies to this topic
Walt Disney World...
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
156 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Mobility scooter
Save

Contact your airline….

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
335 reviews
278 helpful votes
2. Re: Mobility scooter
Save

Yes, check with the airline.

They'll need to know the airports you'll be using. Also the type of battery, and can it be removed.

London, England
Level Contributor
12,851 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
3. Re: Mobility scooter
Save

I’ve taken my scooter on flights manny times. I use it to go to the aircraft door and then the handlers take it to put it in the hold. I take the key with me, but the scooter goes intact. I’ve has a dry cell battery, so it stays on the scooter. If you have a lithium battery it needs to go with you inside the aircraft.

The scooter is normally waiting for me as I get off the plane. If it’s not there I don’t disembark until it is.

All details will be on the airlines website.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
84 reviews
111 helpful votes
4. Re: Mobility scooter
Save

My scooter weights around 30 pounds (13kg), but I can ride it right up to the plane door. I remove the battery since it is Lithium to carry on the plane and the scooter goes into the hold. It is usually waiting for me when I leave the plane. Each airline does have a different form you need to fill out regarding weight, dimensions, etc.

Reply to: Mobility scooter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.