We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling out West

Union
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Traveling out West
Save

Hello, does anyone have a good itinerary for traveling out west? We could fly in and start our trip wherever need be. We will rent a vehicle and hope to make some kind of loop back to where we began. We can stay at campgrounds etc. I just need accessibility in the sites we visit for my husband and his wheelchair. Thank you!

1 reply
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Senior Travel
Level Contributor
37,327 posts
112 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Traveling out West
Save

Welcome to TA forums Valerie. It’s a global platform so no idea of what “out West” means to you since your profile doesn’t reveal where “Union” is located.

I will kind of guess you might mean the Western part of the US. And were you meaning some of the big Western National Parks?

In general I’ll tell you every National Park has a huge website under the umbrella website of http://www.nps.gov

Each park has a separate section on accessibility as well. Some parks, by virtue of the fact that they are outdoors, have some areas that are more WC accessible than other areas.

I think the difficult thing will be getting a rental vehicle that is suitable. Or is he able to transfer to a regular car and have you load the WC in back?

When fo you plan to travel?

How many days do you have?

Give us more info so we can help you!

Edited: 10 October 2021, 04:46
Reply to: Traveling out West
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.